Onsite with HSBC - Risk Transformation Manager (12 m contract, salary upto 110 K)
- Level : Senior
- Basel III Reform HBAP Risk PMO
- Work Location - HSBC Hong Kong
As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC's unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world's largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as HBAP Basel III Reform Senior PMO. This is a contract role for one year with high probability of renewal for an additional year.
The Basel 3 Reform (‘B3R’) programme is a mandatory, regulatory change programme, driven by new and revised regulatory requirements that are based on International Standards issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. HSBC Group is regulated by the PRA. Within Asia, compliance with the requirements of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and other regulators within the region will be required.
The B3R programme impacts all businesses, as well as having a significant impact on the Finance, Risk and IT functions and entities globally. As a result, in addition to Business-run programmes in across wholesale retail/wealth and Markets, Cross Business projects will be established and run by the Global Functions (Global Risk, Global Finance and Technology). The Central Programme team for the region requires a PMO to support implementation.
- Ensuring a consistent reporting of programme scope across all geographies so there is a consistent framework for assessing portfolio risk profile, existing and to be organization, governance
- Coaching individual project Leads and regional Programme Leads to ensure status reports are suitable for a broad and sometimes very senior audience and Co-ordination of project governance arrangements
- Identify and manage cross project dependencies associated with the regional deployments where a global activity stream needs to be aligned with the regional strategy.
- Ensure projects meet internal quality standards and Change Framework requirements
- Compile senior management reports as needed.
- Provide adhoc ongoing PM support where required, the role is proposed to grow into in a hybrid PMO cum PM profile with more active project management scope.
- Build and maintain a searchable and shareable knowledge repository for the programme, with where appropriate access controls around highly confidential or confidential information.
- Develop KPI’s for the Programme office team to ensure a process of continuous improvement and attainment is in place across the team.
- The quality, consistency and timeliness of all status reporting for the programme.
- Manage an end to end delivery plan and RAIDs and escalate as appropriate.
- Accept full responsibility for reporting programme deliverables as required.
- Manage engagements with service providers as necessary and other internal HSBC compliance requirements for team onboarding and administration.
- Knowledge& Experience
- Experience working in PMO as an analyst in large change programmes within financial services
- Proficiency with HSBC Change Framework a definite advantage
- Experience with SharePoint
- Excellent MS Power point and MS Excel skills
- Good at analysis and able to use tools for advanced reporting & MI.
- A high attention to detail is essential
- Experience developing high-quality PMO tools and templates
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of organizational planning, resource mobilization and problem solving
- Strong track record of business change programme delivery in delivering large complex programmes within a global, regional and local structure
- Experienced with operating in a global regulatory environment / supporting delivery of transformational programmes
- Be able to act quickly and complete deliverables timely in a faced-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Experienced with documentation management and quality assurance
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including in particular experience in writing reports and updates for senior management forums, preparing high quality presentations, and effective comms for various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge in Basel capital rules is a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click "APPLY".
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required