Onsite with HSBC -Risk Programme Manager (12 Months Contract -possible extension, up to 100k)
- Project Manager, Project Management
- Risk, Project Implementation
- Banking, Financial Services, Hong Kong
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We're currently seeking an experienced professional to join the HSBC Risk Project Function team, which is responsible for Governance, Empowerment, Accountability and Reporting (GEAR) workstream. You would be driving the implementation of one of the high-profile projects for the Risk and managing stakeholders within Asia.
- Senior Project Manager to implement and drive the GEAR workstream within the region.
- Works closely with the Regional Risk 2025 Programme Manager to ensure that regional risk scope of work is appropriately defined and delivered against. Function as the single point of contact across the work packages across the different Risk work packages across Wholesale, Retail, Operational and Market risk. Ensure appropriate alignment of roles/responsibilities and efforts across Group, Region and Sites within the region. Identify gaps in delivery plans and escalate for appropriate inclusion in programme scope.
- Act as the day-to-day lead for Asia Risk, supporting the Global Team/Lead for the workstream, other appropriate stakeholders and the regional senior management team
- Establish and run appropriate Risk programme governance across Asia and facilitate key programme decisions working across all Risk functions Wholesale, Retail, Operational and Market risk
- Promote Risk priorities and deliverables in alignment with overall programme objectives
- Drive appropriate engagement across Risk for the programme and promote collaboration with other Functions and Global Businesses
- Ensure Risk impacts from the GEAR workstream are identified and managed appropriately
- Manage regional risks and issues, escalating regionally and globally as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate communication relating to programme implementation across Risk
- Engage with country teams within the region for communication, briefing, and supporting and helping to drive regional and local implementations.
- This position will form part of the regional Risk 2025 programme management office. The programme requirements will be dynamic and therefore this position will also support other programme areas and workstreams for implementation of the overall Risk 2025 programme within the region as required.
- Proven experience of leading change programmes in a Risk or Finance context
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to influence change in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of operating confidently at Executive level
- Proven experience of discussing complex analytical subjects with non-technical internal and external counterparts
- Strong leadership, be able to communicate and influence a wide range of stakeholders, with capacity to interpret complex business/ risk requirements, translate the technical details into business context, and vice versa
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle, best practice techniques on project delivery and most importantly, adhering to the Business Transformation Framework (BTF)
- Understanding of how the Risk function operates and the ability to speak confidently on behalf of Risk
- Understanding of how risk models impact the financial position of HSBC and the controls, governance and oversight required to achieve this
- Advanced understanding of risk reporting requirements, data lineage, architecture within the bank will be advantageous
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, competition, economics, etc advantageous
- Knowledge in GCP Cloud or other innovation technology would be agood plus
- Excellent people management, planning and organization skills
- A highly motivated and pro-active self-starter
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically dispersed project teams
- Holder of Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) / Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) / Projects in Controlled Environments (Prince 2) / Six Sigma qualification has an advantage
If you are interested in this role, click “apply”, else, you may also directly send your updated resume to Adarsh Manu at firstname.lastname@example.org
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required
HK$ 80,000/Month - HK$ 100,000/Month