Onsite with HSBC - Programme Manager- Credit Risk Transformation (12 Months Contract, up to 100k)
- Risk Analyst, Risk Management
- Project Management, Transformation, Change Delivery
- Banking, Financial Services, Hong Kong
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We’re currently seeking an experienced professional to join the HSBC Private Bank team, as Credit Risk Programme Manager, with responsibility for conducting end-to-end review and driving initiatives to transform and modernise the management of PB credit risk.
- Manage and oversee a defined portfolio of transformation initiatives in relation to PB Credit Risk. The role holder will be responsible for driving the delivery of these initiatives while maintaining alignment with Business-led change priorities as well as ensuring interlock with Global Risk programmes such as R2025 and FREP.
- Partner with the PB Business to drive initiatives related to credit process streamlining and system for risk management. Proactively engage stakeholders and internal customers by understanding the needs and challenges and sharing vision, best practice, and potential solutions; and work collaboratively with Risk IT and Risk Transformation to define new solutions and processes to enhance credit risk management.
- Drive change within PB Credit Risk geared towards strategic R2025/FREP Programme objectives. Work within PB Credit Risk and Transformation to deliver a holistic, forward looking & globally integrated Credit Risk Management capability.
- In collaboration with the Global and other Regional Credit Risk teams, design and deliver solutions on a number of Risk Management initiatives including (but not limited to):
- Review opportunities for automating existing PB reports.
- Support discussions with the Business for infrastructure and data requirements to ensure Risk’s requirements are incorporated.
- To align ASP PB data requirements into the group data management programme (as applicable) and assess/leverage global solutions for data infrastructure, sourcing, and data integrity.
- To identify streamlining opportunities in the policies and processes for PB Credit Risk including exploring innovative technologies, e.g. Chatbot.
- Review current state of services performed by PB Credit Risk and consider opportunities for realignment.
- Assess the site and Centre of Excellence (‘CoE’) delegation authorities and work with relevant stakeholders to review and enable the CoE structure for the future.
- Typically, qualifications would include an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, IT or a related field.
- Credit risk experience in Private Banking business or other relevant lines of Businesses (Commercial Banking/Global Banking) and in Asia Pacific region is preferred
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications
- Working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implications of credit and other risks at both a strategic level and at the Private Banking business level
- Experience of creating and leading a team and driving forward under a strategic framework with demonstrated results
- Has developed a high level of professional competence which helps to determine risk based solutions
- Will have previously led projects leading to process efficiency in the customer credit process and internal cost reduction
If you are interested in this role, click “apply”, else, you may also directly send your updated resume to Adarsh Manu at firstname.lastname@example.org
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required
HK$ 80,000/Month - HK$ 100,000/Month