Onsite with HSBC - IBOR Ops TPM Business Analyst(12m contract, 65K)
- IBOR Ops TPM Business Analyst
- Level - Middle
- Work Location - HSBC Hong Kong
As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC's unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world's largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our HSBC team as IBOR Ops TPM Business Analyst.
Title: IBOR Ops TPM Business Analyst
Salary: 65K Max
Department: Global Debt Markets Derivatives
This role is within the IBOR Transitions Operations Team to support the Middle office trade support function known as the Trade & Position Management team (TPM) in Hong Kong. The role of the IBOR Ops TPM Business Analyst is to support the Product Sales and Trading teams across Global Markets to ensure smooth IBOR transition with the trade capture and restructuring of the physical IBOR trades to RFR’s. This includes the trade booking support, trade compression support, leveraging various in house tools as well as the related validation and controls.
IBOR TPM Business Analyst will require:
• Previous experience supporting a fast paced Front Office environment
• Relevant product knowledge; Loan market or Fixed Income products
• An awareness of situations that give rise to risk; both financial and non-financial, and how to manage them
• A desire to continually improve processes and provide excellent service to their stakeholders
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work within a team The Business supported may change in line with future restructuring either operationally or business driven.
This role requires pro-active engagement with internal and external, where applicable, stakeholders, both regionally and globally, strong communication skills, plus the ability to independently identify efficiency / STP opportunities. It also requires the individual to have an awareness of the Industry/Regulatory improvements within the Derivatives market, and how that may impact the day-to-day processes.
A strong risk focus and maintaining a robust control environment is essential.
• Creating and leveraging strong working relationships, front to back, regionally and globally, to optimize processes and improve levels of STP, including development of Best Practices with Front Office where appropriate;
• Drive the identification and progression of continuous improvement initiatives to improve processes, working with line management and Change Management and Technology;
• Ability to identify risks and issues and escalate appropriately;
• Work within the Operational capabilities framework and HSBC values.
• Provide excellent client service both internally and externally.
• Excellent Product knowledge is required
• Understanding of front to back business – particular emphasis on trade capture into PTS
• Having the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment and the ability to problem solve
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on attention to detail and ability to prioritise appropriately, work under pressure and unsupervised.
• Prior and current understanding and experience of regulatory initatives and programmes of change
• Control focussed with strong awareness of Operational risk, supporting the front to back office.
• Strong focus on root cause analysis with the aim of driving process improvement.
Having the knowledge about the IBOR will be preferred.
• Having the experience within Rates Derivatives Operational side will be preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click "APPLY".
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required