Onsite with HSBC - Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) - 7 months Contract
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR)
- Contract position
- Work Location - HSBC Hong Kong
As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC's unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world's largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are seeking Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) to join our HSBC Team.
Title: Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR)
Salary: Negotiable and depends on experience
Duration: 7 months
Location: Hong Kong
About the job
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are you passionate about building new and exciting ventures? Do you want to be part of an exceptional entrepreneurial team with motivated and extremely driven people? If so, you might be our next Entrepreneur In Residence.
What You Will Be Doing
You will drive new technology and ideas into business impact, working directly with Senior Innovation Leaders across the bank. You will build and grow innovative solutions, bringing the perspective of the entrepreneur to the corporate world to drive incubations that will positively impact our business and our customers. The EIR will be responsible for all aspects of delivering on the business goals including research of product opportunities, initial product fit and roadmap, strategic partnerships and go-to-market. You will work cross functionally across the bank to validate growth opportunities and interact with experts and partners to enable growth.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Leads the research, developments and launches of our new products
- Launch new products from the ground up from research, to MVP, to full scale
- Provides strategic leadership through direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Developing and executing strategies as you gain new insights ensuring that goals, objectives, timelines and budgets are met in accordance with organisational metrics and business plans
- Engages with program managers, engineering teams, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making and execution
What We Are Looking For
You take ownership of everything you do, are proactive and follow through on commitments. You have an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency. You share our passion about building new ventures and accelerating innovation across the industry. We expect you to have:
- Past experience as a start-up entrepreneur/Founders or a senior product leader Advanced leadership and relationship management skills
- Demonstrable entrepreneur experience on a senior level
- Have experience from a start-up, consultancy or top tier organisation
- Must have experience driving product development from conception to launch, and scaling a high growth product
- Deep business and technical knowledge and industry experience including one or more technology and business domains mentioned below
- Organisational and strategic management skills, including strategic vision and planning/forecasting
- Exceptional analytical and structured problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strategic thinker who can balance the big picture with detailed execution.
- Ability to inspire and galvanize multi-disciplinary teams
We are looking for entrepreneurs in the following key themes and areas
- Web3 / DEFI
- Digital Wallet
- Data Monetisation
- Embedded Finance / APIs
- ESG Data
What We Offer You
As an Entrepreneur in Residence, you will get a unique growth opportunity in a role that is crucial to reaching our strategic goals. You will expand and build parts of our portfolio companies, which means assuming responsibility for high-impact decisions that will develop your business expertise.
- HSBC has a hybrid work set up - Depending on your interests and our business needs, you will be able to work out of one of our offices
- International exposure where you will expand your c-suite network and get unique access to our network of leaders and investors
- A workplace with great talents and leaders that will inspire and challenge you on a daily basis
- A unique access to our network of contacts and support
- “Rocket Fuel”: in the scenario of a successful launch, we offer equity in the product for the successful applicant
Category: Investment Banking - No Selection Required
Negoatiable & depends on Exp.