Onsite with HSBC : Associate Director, IBOR Transition, (6 months contract, extendable)
- Finance legal professional
- Associate Director, IBOR Transition, Issuer Services
- Level - Senior
As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC's unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world's largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber Associate Director, IBOR Transition / Finance Legal Professional to join our HSBC team.
Title: Associate Director, IBOR Transition, Issuer Services
Salary : 100K - 140K HKD per month approx
Duration: 6 months (please note that this role is intended to be a 1-year role until end of June 2023, although business has currently secured budget until 2022. The budget for 2023 will be put together and approved in Q4 2022)
Department GB IBOR PROGAMME
Location: Hong Kong
The jobholder will work as part of the global IBOR transition project management team with a focus in the Asia Pacific market dedicated to the review, negotiation and execution of documentation related to Loan Facility transactions (Syndicated Facilities, Project and Export Finance, Islamic Financing and others) and Debt Capital Markets transactions (Corporate Trustee) which are impacted by the cessation of LIBOR. The jobholder will also be responsible for liaising with arrangers/lenders, borrowers, issuers, managing external counsels and discussing with internal advisory lawyers where required as well as working closely with the Client Services and Operations to ensure smooth transition of LIBOR under the impacted contracts.
Key job duties:
• Review, negotiate and manage the execution of and ensure a smooth transition of LIBOR-related contracts including Trust Indentures, Agency Agreements and Facility Agreements.
• Prompt response to client’s queries and proactive approach to address LIBOR transition related issues.
• Manage external counsels and liaise with internal stakeholders (including Client Services Management and Operations) to transition LIBOR-based contracts into amended ones.
• Actively manage risks and identify solutions to issues in relation to the transitioning of LIBOR-based contracts.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a banking and finance legal professional or transaction manager or relevant experience in the issuer services or corporate trust and loan agency business.
• Exposure to loan transactions, conventional debt, medium term note programmes and structured finance.
• Sufficient issuer services or corporate trust and loan agency experience with a good understanding of the legal, operational or reputational risks related to this business.
• Good communicator, both written and verbally.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with autonomy.
• Client focused.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click "APPLY".
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Legal - No Selection Required