Onsite with HSBC - Assistant Manager, Investigations (6 Month Renewable Contract, Up to 28K)
Tai Kok Tsui, Hong Kong
- Fraud or Investigations Background
- 2+ Years of Relevant Experience
- Working Location: HSBC Centre
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 63 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We’re currently seeking an experienced professional to join the HSBC Major Investigations team.
Title: Assistant Manager, Investigations (Previous Fraud experience preferred)
Max Monthly salary: 28K
Duration: 6 Months
Assistant Investigations Managers are responsible for all types of Fraud and Financial Crime investigations within the Investigations team, Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM). The unit comprises several teams that conduct complex and serious investigations across all types of fraud and financial crime risk, including AML, Sanctions & Anti-bribery& corruption.
The role holder is principally responsible for investigations into the most serious financial crime. Role holders must be able to conduct competent investigations into all types of Financial Crimes, working alone and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and experience as appropriate.
- As directed, investigate all relevant Financial Crime, which may originate from the IASD, law enforcement, business, HR, AML Investigations or other relevant referrals.
- Assist the Senior Investigations Manager / Manager Investigations in identifying best practices and procedures to be followed at different stages.
- Assist the Senior Investigations Manager / Manager Investigations in providing guidance and solutions to the Business and / or involved areas, in timely and effective manner for each of the identified cases focusing on control weaknesses, responsible and decision making.
- Assist the Senior Investigations Manager / Manager Investigations in planning and executing the appropriate procedures for recording losses identified in the investigation.
- Strengthen control logs, strategies and the certification of operational losses process
- Assist the Senior Investigations Manager / Manager Investigations with recommendations for process improvement, control weaknesses as well as trends identified in investigations, those that have facilitated fraud crime.
- Maximise loss recovery and minimise risk exposure by taking prompt action where required
- In conjunction with Senior Investigations Manager / Manager Investigations, take immediate decisions on legal situations in liaison with the Legal Team.
- Provide oversight of intelligence / case files being shared with Law Enforcement / government agencies
- Manage the businesses expectations in relation to anticipated timescales of investigations, referring any problems in this respect immediately to the management/line management
- Prepare and submit clear, concise, factual, unbiased, thorough and timely
- University graduate in any discipline
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Existing Fraud Operations / Investigations; I&A; or Branch or Direct experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & prioritise workload
- Creativity and willingness to take the initiative
- Good analytical skills
- An enquiring mind with a good eye for detail
- Ability to manage a team of experienced and assertive senior clerical staff, whilst maintaining good engagement
- Proficient knowledge of PC based systems
- A skill in a second language is advantage
- Existing Financial Crime experience
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
If you are interested in this role, click “Apply Now”
Category: Corporate Banking - No Selection Required