Incident Manager - IT Risk Control & Governance) (Tech Risk Management, ITIL, COBIT)
- 5 day work
- Good career prospect
- Financial industry
The role will manage the coordination, communication and respond to incidents when they occur for major service outage and take any necessary steps to restore service in as quickly as possible. The incident manager will be the focal point for all stakeholders and to ensure timely information is communicated to all stakeholders including escalation to senior management during major outage. The role will also be responsible for Problem Management activities and help pursue root cause analysis (RCA) and remediation action to prevent the incidents from reoccurrence.
- Facilitate resolution of all incidents through effective communication across multiple teams and BU/SUs
- Quickly assess the technical complexity, priority and impact of the service outage that may potentially cause business and operational impact (e.g. customer, regulatory, financial)
- Notify, escalate and communicate to all stakeholders including senior management on the status of major outage
- Help coordinate the investigations and drive the major incidents to resolution and remediation (This may require 7 x 24 support on standby mode)
- Ensure major incidents are resolved according to SLA/timeline, and on time escalation to management
- Be actively involved and ensure the quality of root cause analysis of major incidents and the timely completion of mitigation actions and risk remediation matters
- Manage the lifecycle of all problems in relation with IT Incidents
- Compile internal reports of IT Incidents/Problems and perform trend analysis of Core Banking Services for an improvement actions.
- Analyze IT problem trends and implement strategy and plans to prevent recurrence of IT Incidents
- Provide support during pre-audit, audit and post-audit activities
- Strengthen and manage IT Business Continuity mechanism and process to ensure stability and continuity of services during disaster situation.
- Make recommendation to ITG management on how to improve ITG overall control environment
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge in Technology domains such as IT operations, IT Service Management, Incident and Problem management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to business users.
- Strong collaboration skills and willing to develop a strong network
- Good organization and multitasking skills with the ability to keep up the pace during major outage.
- Thorough knowledge in Tech Risk Management, ITIL, COBIT would be advantage
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: analyze problems, identify root causes; probe for further information
- Action planning: Develop detailed action plans; project into the future and plan activities in advance; coordinate own/others’ time, resources, workload
- Creativity & Innovation: Analyze issues from different perspectives, recommend new, creative ways to solve problems
- Detail-oriented and sensitive to service.
- He/ She delegates to assign complex tasks, give detailed instructions, help teammates coordinate work
- Communication: Express complex ideas succinctly and persuasively
- Managing Conflict: Recognize potential sources of conflicts, work with various parties to calmly analyze the issues, and work through together to compromise/resolution
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
- 8-10 years’ experience in IT domains which could encompass IT Operations & Service Management, especially in Incident & Problem Management.
- Good experience in formulating IT processes and procedures.
- Banking Service Management/ Operations experience is a definite advantage
- Operational Risk Management experience is a definite advantage
- Experience with incident management for application and infrastructure services in Banking / Finance sector
Category: I.T & T - IT Security, Audit, Storage & Quality