HSBC_ (Senior) Product Delivery Business Analyst (12m Contract - 80K approx. pm.)
- Market Securities Services, Custody, Product Delivery
- Product Delivery Business Analyst
- Level : Senior
As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 64 countries and territories, HSBC's unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world's largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are seeking a high caliber Product Delivery Senior Business Analyst for our HSBC team.
The Product Delivery function sits within Markets & Securities Services, focusing on delivering strategic initiatives for our Global and Direct Custody businesses, a network currently with more than USD10 trillion assets under custody.
As a Product Delivery Senior Business Analyst, you will be working on our platform implementation change programme and assisting in the delivery of key value stream(s) that make up part of our strategic digital transformation agenda. The Product Delivery Senior Business Analyst must be hands-on with strong stakeholder management, collaboration, and communication skills. The role requires a Business Analyst who is both entrepreneurial and innovative, and who can work cross-functionally and cross-regionally, collaborating with partner functions including Sales and Client Management, Product Management, Operations, and Technology teams to ensure alignment of requirements through to delivery.
- Support prioritisation of product backlog, ensuring focus on delivery of business value
- Define and capture detailed business and functional requirements/user stories, process maps, system goals and test plans
- Drive and design solutions to problems and requirements. Collaborating with business partners, product teams, technology groups, suppliers, and customers (internal and external) to ensure solutions are innovative, robust and achieves intended business value
- Drive user acceptance through demos with end users and clients, and facilitating UAT to ensure business solutions are appropriately quality checked
- Participate in client facing discussions and workshops to socialise solutions design and delivery roadmap as required
- Work closely with project managers and lead business analysts to ensure owned streams remains on track for delivery, escalating as appropriate and collaboratively work to resolve risks & issues as they arise.
- Encourage a positive, collaborative working environment across disciplines and teams to ensure strong alignment
- Actively encourage and promote adoption of agile and innovative ways of working. Identify opportunities to improve ways of working through regular retrospectives and engagement with project teams and partner functions
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Strong analytical thought process with an ability to manage ambiguity and an aptitude for problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex information clearly depending on audience (e.g. internal stakeholders, clients etc)
- Willingness to challenge and ask probing questions to validate priorities, proposed solutions and realisation of benefits.
- Flexibility in approach, and the ability to show initiative and respond quickly to changing situations.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working across different groups and time zones with ability to work autonomously while being mindful of when to seek guidance and approval
- Experience with delivering change in Agile frameworks: this may include formal qualifications and/or certified online courses and/or evidence of practical experience.
- Finance/Product Control (Accounting) experience as Finance Analyst with understanding of IFRS 16 accounting standards.
- Knowledge of Post Trade, Equities or Fixed Income within a Custodian or Broker Dealer environment for Settlements, or Asset Services is highly desirable but not essential for this role.
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click "APPLY".
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required