HSBC_ (Senior) Development Engineer (Full Stack) (12m Contract - up to 100K p.m.)
- Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Work Location - HSBC Hong Kong
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 63 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
Global Banking & Markets is a global business and is a significant contributor to the Group. The Global Banking and Markets (GB&M) Finance, Regulatory & GDIS IT department serves the Finance, Mandatory Regulatory, Regulatory and Product Control business functions across the organisation. It has an essential presence in all major sites and comprises of 250 + personnel and is responsible for the development, testing and support of several high profile strategic systems and programmes of work.
The finance functions (e.g. product control and regulatory functions) have an extensive coverage on all trading activities. It is a necessity to have an excellent understanding of financial business issues and solutions in different sites.
The Product Control team in Hong Kong is responsible for reviewing and improving the efficiency, effectiveness and control of Global Banking & Markets Finance function by developing robust systems solutions. The candidate will participate in a challenging new global programme to streamline finance processes and reduce the tactical systems inventory. This involves working with both new and legacy applications to drive solutions towards the future end state. The Guangzhou team is part of the global Finance, Regulatory & GDIS IT organization, and works very closely with the Finance, Regulatory & GDIS IT team in Hong Kong, UK, and India.
The successful candidate will be asked to work within the Finance IT department in Guangzhou, China as part of its Development team.
(Senior) Development Engineer (Full Stack) (12m Contract - up to 100K p.m.)
Based in Hong Kong, the successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Design and develop IT sustainable solutions to support Finance and Regulatory data distribution strategies.
- Interpret requirements, provide estimations and participate in agile development project lifecycles.
- Liaise with FINANCE IT support group, troubleshoot production issue and come up with solutions.
- Coordinate with end to end teams from requirements analysis to production rollout.
- Interact with a large global team to come up with strategic solutions.
- Build sustainable software with quality, reusability, scalability and supportability.
- Assist leader to engage quality improvement actions to improve the entire team’s quality.
- Understand and drive applications/development according to Finance IT architecture.
- Adhering to high quality standards, department policies and procedures
- 10-15 years’ professional experience in full-stack software development in Agile project development and management framework.
- Solid understanding of full project life cycle; design, development, test, release and application support
- Hands-on experience with C# .Net Core, Angular, Micro Service and Cloud-based application
- Hands-on experience in design, development, tuning and support Microsoft SQL Server Database environments
- A thorough knowledge of CI/CD and practice with automated testing tool
- In-depth knowledge and experience in design patterns
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, decision making skill and communication skill required
- Proficient in English with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Take ownership of delivery of business requirements
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high volume environment
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to learn with minimal supervision under pressure
- Experience in Investment Banking
- Graduated degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Information Technology or equivalent
- Knowledge on Jenkin, SSRS, SSIS, Python, Spark Apache, Control-M, IIS.
- Experience with software deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in Source Control tools - Subversion, GIT, Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Experience in team collaboration tools - Confluence, JIRA
- Exposure to SSAS cube implementation, performance analysis of MDX queries and tuning the cube design.
- Experience in Finance IT is a definite plus.
If you are interested in this role, click “apply”
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required