HSBC_ Risk and Compliance Business Manager (6m Contract - 50K approx. pm.)
- Business Manager
- Risk & Compliance
- Work Location - HSBC Hong Kong
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 63 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber Risk and Compliance Business Manager to join our HSBC Life team.
Role purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
- Risk and Compliance Business Management Team provide accurate and timely insight to our stakeholders to drive management action and enable effective operations by providing support to business management activities.
- Manage business management activities including financial planning, resource management, risk & control, and support to Chief Risk and Compliance Officer in country.
- Provide support to Head of Risk and Compliance Business Manager in country
- Responsible for departmental strategy and planning as well as the aligned delivery of Global & Regional functional CoS initiatives.
- The role will require collaborative work in a dynamic environment. It calls for the ability to prioritize multiple conflicting demands on time and resources. The jobholder must be able to influence senior management and articulate clear justifications for business management initiatives and to get it done.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance Business Management (Head of R&C BM) in driving the following:
- Cost Management & Budget Forecasting – ensuring all financial targets are understood and track actions can be taken as necessary (AOP/FRP coordination and preparation, Cost tracking and management, Forecasting, Accruals, OSPD)
- Actively support the Risk and Compliance Control Office in the issue management process, Risk and Control Assessment activities, Business Risk and Control Management activities, and continuous monitoring activities;
- Coordination of Business Continuity Planning and Deputy BIRO activities.
- Communications – supporting the Head of R&C BM on the implementation of the people and communication strategies.
- Event Management – support and help to plan and drive large scale and significant events and staff engagement activities both virtual and / or face-to-face. Ensuring set up of appropriate cross sub-functional events including Town halls, Summits, & Exchanges.
- Offshoring / Third Party Management – Monitor performance and ensure service / performance level agreements are set correctly and honoured from both as a Service Provider (i.e. HK Servco) and Service Recipient.
- Organisational Design / People Management – managing resourcing, and tracking the organisational design and implementation (FTE tracking & analysis, HAT process, Span of Control, Layers & Dual Reporting)
- Training & Development – Working with L&TD and ASP R&C CoS team to drive the delivery of Training to ensure Risk & Compliance staff have the right skills to perform their role now and for the future
- Property – management and usage of desk space and liaison with Corporate Services as a part of Future of Work
- Demonstrate teamwork, encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-function teamwork by collaboration, challenge actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC values, policies and those not in the best interests of the business and our community
Functional Knowledge / Requirements
- Experience in planning and leading large scale communication and significant events / projects
- Experience in working in business management and navigating through a matrix organizational structure
- Equipped with financial and accounting acumen and the ability to budget, track and control expenditures
- Knowledge and experience in Risk and Control areas like Risk and Control Assessments, Helios, and Risk Management Framework.
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with stakeholders in different seniority levels and across the Bank in-country
- Ability to articulate complex and sensitive information and situations in meaningful and concise ways
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and problem solving
- Experience in driving changes with flexibility in approach to deliver on requirements that may be evolving, and having an agile mindset to leading change
If you are interested in this role, click “apply”
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required