HSBC _ Programme Manager (Compliance Transformation)(12m Contract - 90K approx. pm.)
- 12 months Contract role
- Work Location : Hong Kong
- Level : Senior
As one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 63 countries and territories, HSBC’s unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world’s largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber Programme Manager (Compliance Transformation) to join our HSBC team.
Compliance Transformation - Programme Manager (HSBC)
Max Salary: HK$90k/month
Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments and covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
Global Transformation Programme Managers plan, mobilise and direct change programmes of varying complexity from inception to closure. They are typically responsible for leading and managing large scale change programmes and business transformations. They act as a role model, demonstrating active leadership and communication. Programme Managers are responsible for deploying the Global Transformation Programme Management framework and other Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) within their programme and instilling good programme disciplines.
The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the programme, defining and planning the programme, managing mobilisation, controlling execution and managing implementation, change and benefits realization. They work closely with the Delivery Director to ensure alignment of their programme with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.Programme Managers will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As members of the Transformation management team, they may also have line or assignment management.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Management and control of change programme with ambitious goals and high change requirements
- Defining the approach and dealing with complex requirements and unique projects – often one off initiatives
- Management of stakeholders and sponsors
- Achieving benefits (cost reduction, revenue increase, strategic goals) set out in the business case
- Managing complex teams and working with multiple delivery and business partner teams
- Excellent understanding of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of the Global Transformation
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Understanding of the delivery organisations within HSBC – global mindset, understanding of delivery partners etc.
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Evidence of ability to make key strategic decisions
- Delivery of large scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage
- Strong people and team management experience
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience
If you are interested in this role, click “apply”
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Category: Financial Services - No Selection Required